Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Day #3

Another day at the studio.

In an effort to speed up the recording process as a whole, we all decided to record all the drum tracks possible for each song. Since drums are the foundation for most contemporary music, it made sense to record them first, and work other instruments or parts around them. However, recording drums can be the most difficult out of any other instrument. I found myself frustrated at times when my playing was slightly too slow or slightly too fast at parts. Recording drums has to be close to perfect, considering every other part is laid down to the timing of the drum beats. Whereas I could lay down a guitar or vocal track in one or two takes, these drum tracks sometimes took me up to five times to record each song to our liking. Fortunately for us, this difficult part here was done with, and the instrumentation that will follow will be much easier. Short term pain for long term gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment