Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Song #7: Human Nature

Unlike many of our other songs that draw a bit of inspiration from other bands and artists, this song is mostly inspired from film music as a result of my tenure as a composer in Australia. The opening riff and chorus draw similarities with various out-takes that I arranged in my work that I later realised would be more fitting with contemporary music than with film. Keeping with the idea of film music, Human Nature utilises a bowed guitar throughout most of the song. I play my guitar with a cello bow, creating a tone that sounds both guitar-like and cello-like. This practice is occasionally used in film music and is very prevalent in ambient music and groups such as Sigur Ros, another inspiration for some of our music. With a bit of piano, bass, and minimalist guitar, Human Nature is ominous and a little creepy, but it had this strange charm that we felt was important to include in our album.

No comments:

Post a Comment